* Perl bug with DOS file line endings?
@ 2001-01-10 14:04 Ian Puleston
From: Ian Puleston @ 2001-01-10 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Perl 5.6.1-1 seems to get confused as to whether its processing a DOS or
Unix format file, depending on what shell it is run under. I'm using it in
Windows 2000 to process a DOS format source file with line endings 0D0A
(\r\n):

When it is run directly from a DOS command prompt it works as expected and
produces an output file with line endings 0D0A.

When it is run from either bash or make initiated from a DOS command prompt,
then it produces an output file with line endings 0D0D0A (\r\r\n). It seems
that in this case it thinks that it is processing a Unix file, and has added
a 0D to change from the Unix 0A line ending to the DOS 0D0A.

I'm using CygWin make 3.79-3 and bash 2.04-5.

[parent not found: <BKEPJOHOPEADOFCGNACCOEDFCMAA.ipuleston@tutsys.com>]