* cygwin.dll
@ 2000-01-25  8:27 Nguyen, Dien
From: Nguyen, Dien @ 2000-01-25  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Hello Sir?Madam,
This is Dien Nguyen. I am working on the Adaptive Communication Environment
. This is a portability language that we can port the code into many
different OS. On the instruction of ACE 's web site, the cygwin.dll is
needed. I am looking for the cygwin.dll form your web. but I am not able to
find it ???. Could you please tell me where I can get it. Also, do you have
any idea of when the instruction said we need to set the these paths:
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32\bin;
/gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin

what version of cygnus will give this file structures after cygwin installed
succesful on drive C ?. I download and install the full.exe. It give me a
diferent structure such as
/cygnus/cygwinb20/H-i386-cygwin32. but I am not able to find the tcl\bin
????

I would be very much appriciated for your help and your time and look
forward to hear frm you soon
Best Regards
Dien Nguyen

* Re: cygwin.dll
@ 2000-01-25  9:22 ` Randall R Schulz
From: Randall R Schulz @ 2000-01-25  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nguyen, Dien, 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Dien,

 From what you mention, it appears that the ACE documentation is
out-of-date w.r.t. the current Cygwin file layout and names. I'm
pretty sure ACE is meant to be used with current Cygwin software, and
at this point beta 18 is pretty old and not recommended by Cygnus or
other Cygwin users.

If you're doing "serious" ACE or TAO (the CORBA ORB and services
package written with ACE), then you should join the ace-users and /
or tao-users mailing lists. Visit
< http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html > for a complete list
of lists and subscription instructions.

Randy Schulz
Teknowledge Corp.
Palo Alto, CA USA

At 11:23 -0500 1/25/00, Nguyen, Dien wrote:
>Hello Sir?Madam,
>This is Dien Nguyen. I am working on the Adaptive Communication Environment
>. This is a portability language that we can port the code into many
>different OS. On the instruction of ACE 's web site, the cygwin.dll is
>needed. I am looking for the cygwin.dll form your web. but I am not able to
>find it ???. Could you please tell me where I can get it. Also, do you have
>any idea of when the instruction said we need to set the these paths:
>/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32\bin;
>/gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin
>
>what version of cygnus will give this file structures after cygwin installed
>succesful on drive C ?. I download and install the full.exe. It give me a
>diferent structure such as
>/cygnus/cygwinb20/H-i386-cygwin32. but I am not able to find the tcl\bin
>????
>
>I would be very much appriciated for your help and your time and look
>forward to hear frm you soon
>Best Regards
>Dien Nguyen
>
>--

* cygwin.dll
@ 2001-05-26 13:55 Cserveni Akos
From: Cserveni Akos @ 2001-05-26 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Please, forget my mail about cygwin.dll. I have found the
solution among the FAQs. Apologies for that stupid question.

    Akos

* RE: cygwin.dll
@ 1999-04-30 18:32   ` Bruce Seely
From: Bruce Seely @ 1999-04-30 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernard Dautrevaux, Earnie Boyd, cygwin

As recgonized by Bernard Dautrevaux and Earnie Boyd, the problem was an
obsolete version of sh.exe lurking in my path. After deleting it, all works.

Thanks very much!
Bruce

>I'm still having a problem with unwanted calls to cygwin.dll (v.s.
>cygwin1.dll). I'm trying to write a Makefile, and can't find any way to do
>even something REALLY simple.
>

>These are two lines from a Makefile file:
>
>blorf:
>	cd bar; javac *.java
>
>In the same directory as the Makefile is a directory called bar that has
>some java files in it.
>

>If I invove make like this,
>
>bash-2.02$ make blorf
>
>the terminal window displays this:
>
>cd bar; javac *.java
>
>I get a dialog box complaining that it cannot find cygwin.dll:
>
>The dynamic link library cygwin.dll not found in the specified path
>
>when the dialog is closed, the terminal window displays this:
>
>make: *** [blorf] Error 128
>bash-2.02$
>
>I get the same result if I use the --unix option.
>bash-2.02$ make --unix blorf
>
>If I invoke it with the --win32 option,
>
>bash-2.02$
>bash-2.02$ make --win32 blorf
>cd bar; javac *.java
>The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
>make: *** [blorf] Error 1
>bash-2.02$
>
>I get a different error.
>

>I have tried three different forms of the line following blorf:
>
>	cd bar; javac *.java
>	cd bar; C:/jdk1.1.8/bin/javac *.java
>	cd bar; C:\jdk1.1.8\bin\javac *.java
>

>If I do the commands by hand, it works properly and the files are compiled:
>
>bash-2.02$
>bash-2.02$ cd Mediator
>bash-2.02$ javac *.java
>bash-2.02$
>
>If I do a find files for make.exe, only one instance is found.
>It has a modification date of 12/1/98 2:00 PM
>

>I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

* cygwin.dll
@ 1999-04-30 18:32 ` Bruce Seely
From: Bruce Seely @ 1999-04-30 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-04-30 18:32 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-04-30 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Seely, cygwin

This is certainly strange.  It sounds to me as if make is finding an sh.exe
from an old distribution.  Send the output from `cygcheck -s -v -r' pasted (not
attached).

--- Bruce Seely <bseely@haifa.isx.com> wrote:
> I'm still having a problem with unwanted calls to cygwin.dll (v.s.
> cygwin1.dll). I'm trying to write a Makefile, and can't find any way to do
> even something REALLY simple.

--8<--
===
"Earnie Boyd" < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: < http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html >
       DLLHELP: < http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ >
ARCHIVE SEARCH: < http://www.delorie.com/archives/ > OR
                < http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/ >

* RE: cygwin.dll
       [not found] <3AC9A1611DF4D211AA8E00105AA56D8A0493CF@IIS000.microdata.fr>
@ 1999-04-27  9:44 ` Bruce Seely
From: Bruce Seely @ 1999-04-27  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernard Dautrevaux, Earnie Boyd, cygwin

@ 1999-04-27  4:50 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-04-27  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Seely, cygwin

@ 1999-04-26 18:01 Bruce Seely
From: Bruce Seely @ 1999-04-26 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1998-01-02  9:02 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1998-01-02  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dlundy; +Cc: gnu-win32

Hi Dan,

Did you update with Sergey's coolview distribution?  Do you have your
directories mounted as text=binary?

If you've updated with coolview then there are two places in the
/gnuwin32/b18/... path that the cygwin.dll exists; make sure you've
updated both copies.  One is in the bin directory the other is in a lib
subdirectory where you find libcygwin.a

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Let me point you to:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)

http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)

http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)

=
>=3D
>As such, I downloaded and installed all the stuff I could gt ahold of.
>
>After reading the installation notes, and carefully doing everything
=3D
>described - I ventured into some source, determined to make my own =3D
>executable, one that worked.
>
>The shell seems to work fine, with all functions available (even
created =
>=3D
>and properly mounted /tmp!).
>
>Problem is, when i invoke a ./configure command, the config fails in
the =
>=3D
>same manner as above (when attempting to call awk.exe).  Another oddity
=
>=3D
>is when I attempt to use make.exe, the same failure occurs in the
cygwin =
>=3D
>except handler.
>
>Since this is occuring in 3 (probably more) independant circumstances,
I =
>=3D
>am guessing that it is a problem with my install, or the version i have
=
>=3D
>of cygwin.dll (the original b18 version).
>
>All this is occuring on a stand-alone Win95 machine with no other known
=
>=3D
>problems.  Any tips, suggestions, or comments are welcome.
>
>Keep up the good work
>dlundy@primenet.com

* cygwin.dll
@ 1998-01-01 18:15 Dan Lundy
From: Dan Lundy @ 1998-01-01 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

<insert "I am an idiot" disclaimers here> Upon
installing and attempting to execute a .exe put together by the = GNUWin32
stuff, I continually receive "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" from
= cygwin.dll in the bygwin except handler. So I chalked it up to a
crappy .exe, but I thought the GNUWin32 concept = was interesting - having
toyed with C++ and such briefly in the past.  = As such, I downloaded
and installed all the stuff I could gt ahold of. After reading the
installation notes, and carefully doing everything = described - I ventured
into some source, determined to make my own = executable, one that
worked. The shell seems to work fine, with all functions available (even
created = and properly mounted /tmp!). Problem is, when i invoke a
./configure command, the config fails in the = same manner as above (when
attempting to call awk.exe).  Another oddity = is when I attempt to use
make.exe, the same failure occurs in the cygwin = except
handler. Since this is occuring in 3 (probably more) independant
circumstances, I = am guessing that it is a problem with my install, or the
version i have = of cygwin.dll (the original b18 version). All this is
occuring on a stand-alone Win95 machine with no other known = problems.

@ 1997-10-29 17:07 Tommy Reilly
From: Tommy Reilly @ 1997-10-29 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I'm using gnu-win32 for my JNI native libs (if anyone wants info on
how to do this let me know) and the VM is calling my functions all
right but if I try to use a cygwin function (like printf for instance)
I get a seg fault.  Of course I have MSVC++ installed so its
brain-dead debugger pops up showing me where in cygwin.dll I seg
faulted (yes, I included stdio.h).  I'm not an expert on assembly code
but it looks to be the 3-4 instructions of the printf function (if
posting the relevant assembly from the MSCV++ debugger would be
beneficial let me know).

The printf line is merely:

    printf("Hi\n");

I'm using b18.

So my question is how do I debug this?  I create the dll using the
"How to create a relocatable dll" instructions off the gnu-win32 page
if that helps.  Thanks in advance,

--
Tommy Reilly
DEC StorageWorks

* cygwin.dll
@ 1997-09-04 21:18 marta
From: marta @ 1997-09-04 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello:

I would like to know what is the md5 message digest for the latest
cygwin.dll.
When I download and install the usertools, there is a different DLL (at
least I get a different message digest) from that at
ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/gnu-win32/gnu-win32/cygwin.dll. This DLL is dated
5/31 and is 496KB in size; the one in usertools is dated 5/7 and is
497KB in size.

Thanks.

marta@onlive.com

-

* cygwin.dll
@ 1997-02-12 16:36 Who cares...
From: Who cares... @ 1997-02-12 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

i was wondering what are the steps, of releasing something with
cygwin.dll in it, i recently released two products which had
cygwin.dll in them, was wondering if i was doing it right, or did i
break any license, i am porting a lot of stuff from linux, and many
people are requesting the ports, so i release them zipped with cygwin.dll
like:
mud.zip
mud.exe
cygwin.dll