* JNI and GCC
@ 1997-09-09 15:01 Igor Boukanov
From: Igor Boukanov @ 1997-09-09 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I tried to use gcc from b18 to implement JNI native libraris but without
much success, i.e. I was able to create dll, but I could not load libarary
from JVM. After the execution:
System.load("C:\\test\\test.dll");
I always got:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\test\test.dll
        at java.lang.Runtime.load(Runtime.java:397)
        at java.lang.System.load(System.java:553)
        at Prompt.main(Prompt.java:32)

In the same time I saw in the list archive that some guys at least were
able to call native methods. So what is a problem?

P.S.

I also noticed that I can load system, MS-OFFICE dll's and  cygwin.dll
from Sergey, but not the one from oficial b18 package (of cause, they do
not contain any Java methods and the linking failed). So what is the
difference?

Regards, Igor Boukanov.
igor.boukanov@fi.uib.no
http://www.fi.uib.no/~boukanov/

-

* Re: JNI and GCC
@ 1997-09-10  0:38   ` Igor Boukanov
From: Igor Boukanov @ 1997-09-10  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jackal Yu; +Cc: Igor Boukanov, gnu-win32

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Jackal Yu wrote:

> Try System.loadLibrary();

It does not work either.
BTW, you can use System.load() if you specify a full path to the library.
And what I really do not undestand is why JDK do not like Dll's produced
by my instalation of Cygwin...

Regards, Igor Boukanov.
igor.boukanov@fi.uib.no
http://www.fi.uib.no/~boukanov/

-

* Re: JNI and GCC
@ 1997-09-10  2:25 ` Jackal Yu
From: Jackal Yu @ 1997-09-10  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Boukanov; +Cc: gnu-win32

Try System.loadLibrary();

To use System.load() your DLL must be in some kind of shared library
path.  Unfortunately, JDK docs, as far as I can tell, did not tell
us what it is on Windows platform.

Igor Boukanov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use gcc from b18 to implement JNI native libraris but without
> much success, i.e. I was able to create dll, but I could not load libarary
> from JVM. After the execution:
> System.load("C:\\test\\test.dll");
> I always got:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\test\test.dll
>         at java.lang.Runtime.load(Runtime.java:397)
>         at java.lang.System.load(System.java:553)
>         at Prompt.main(Prompt.java:32)
>
> In the same time I saw in the list archive that some guys at least were
> able to call native methods. So what is a problem?
>
> P.S.
>
> I also noticed that I can load system, MS-OFFICE dll's and  cygwin.dll
> from Sergey, but not the one from oficial b18 package (of cause, they do
> not contain any Java methods and the linking failed). So what is the
> difference?
>
> Regards, Igor Boukanov.
> igor.boukanov@fi.uib.no
> http://www.fi.uib.no/~boukanov/
>
> -
begin:          vcard
fn:             Jackal Yu
n:              Yu;Jackal
org:            Interlink Harbor Ltd.
adr:            2815 - 14Ave SE;;;Calgary;AB;T2A 0J8;Canada
email;internet: jhkyu@ibm.net
title:          Co-op Students
tel;work:       (403) 231-9884
tel;fax:        (403) 248-7900
tel;home:       (403) 804-8363
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

* Re: JNI and GCC
@ 1997-09-12 10:21 ` Paolo Ciccone
From: Paolo Ciccone @ 1997-09-12 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Boukanov; +Cc: gnu-win32

    IB> Hi, I tried to use gcc from b18 to implement JNI native
    IB> libraris but without much success, i.e. I was able to create
    IB> dll, but I could not load libarary from JVM. After the
    IB> execution: System.load("C:\\test\\test.dll"); I always got:
    IB> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\test\test.dll at
    IB> java.lang.Runtime.load(Runtime.java:397) at
    IB> java.lang.System.load(System.java:553) at
    IB> Prompt.main(Prompt.java:32)

Are you using C++ or C ? I experienced a similar problem with code
that was compiled as C++ (with Borland C++). When I renamed the module
to .c it linked ok.

                                                  Paolo

--
The opinions expressed here are exclusively my own

Remove the extra junk to my e-mail address to reply, sorry for the
inconvenience, I get spammed a lot.

-