Hi Denys, On Thu, 2023-06-29 at 16:13 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote: > > We can give a few messages explaining what general steps we go through: > > > > Extracting debug info from N files > > DWARF-compressing N files > > Creating .debug symlinks for symlinks to ELF files > > Copying sources found by 'debugedit -l' > > > > This is also useful to get a feeling which steps are time consuming. > > Kernel builds often need to investigate this aspect. To help a bit more, > > add "find-debuginfo: starting" and "find-debuginfo: done" messages too. > > > > This patch adds these messages. > > > > Two -q -q options suppress these messages too. > > I like this idea, but I am wondering if instead of -q -q we should > have a -v,--verbose flag for the very verbose output. Then this > explanary output could be the default. And -q,--quiet would suppress > even those message. So this is what I was thinking. What do you think? https://code.wildebeest.org/git/user/mjw/debugedit/commit/?h=verbose Thanks, Mark