public inbox for debugedit@sourceware.org
* debugedit project setup
@ 2021-03-22 17:42 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2021-03-22 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: debugedit, rpm-ecosystem
  Cc: Alexander Larsson, Matthias Klose, Dmitry V. Levin,
	christian.morales.vega, Martin Liska, christian.morales.vega

Hi,

As discussed I setup a separate debugedit project:
https://sourceware.org/debugedit/

It contains the debugedit and sepdebugcrcfix programs and the find-
debuginfo.sh script and the debugedit.at testsuite. I used git-filter-
repo to keep the git history of the files from the rpm repo. Then I
resynced the libiberty and binutils files and added a minimal
automake/autoconf/autotest build system. Replace popt with getopt
argument parsing. And use libiberty md5 or sha1 instead of rpmDigest
algorithms for build-id updates.

There is a test debugedit-0.1 release to see whether this works. But I
would like to make sure first that things are setup so that flatpak and
rpm can use this as is before people start packaging it. Once we know
it can be used as replacement for the built-in rpm/flatpak debugedit we
do a proper debugedit 1.0 release.

Please join the debugedit mailinglist for discussions:

File bugs or feature requests:
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=debugedit

Checkout the git repo:
git clone git://sourceware.org/git/debugedit.git

I have played a bit with pagure, but haven't set it up properly, sorry.
So for now we'll do patches by email.

Cheers,

Mark