public inbox for docbook-tools-announce@sourceware.org
* new releases of psgml and jadetex -- PDF works nicely now!
@ 1999-10-31 12:49 Mark Galassi
From: Mark Galassi @ 1999-10-31 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-announce

Dear DocBook tools users,

I have just put out new RPMs for PSGML (the amazing emacs mode for
editing SGML documents) and jadetex.

The most important thing is that you can now use pdfjadetex to
generated PDF files, and it should work without the recursion overflow
we have had for a while.

I have converted documents to pdf directly with "db2pdf" and it has
worked well.

The PSGML package fixes one little packaging bug (thanks to Nils
Philippsen) and upgrades to version 1.2.1.  If you live on the edge
and are experimenting with XML stuff, this might be useful to you.

The packaging fix might make it useful for you to "rpm -e psgml", then
edit /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.el and remove the
PSGML-related line, and then do "rpm --install psgml-1.2.1-whatever.rpm"
so that things will be cleaner in the future.  If you don't I think
you will still be OK.

* Re: new releases of psgml and jadetex -- PDF works nicely now!
@ 1999-11-01 14:30 ` Mark Galassi
From: Mark Galassi @ 1999-11-01 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-announce

I'm so embarassed: I posted this announcement with a URL, ftp location
or two-liner.  I usually bug other people when they do that.

Here's the scoop:

    Mark> Dear DocBook tools users,

    Mark> I have just put out new RPMs for PSGML (the amazing emacs
    Mark> mode for editing SGML documents) and jadetex.

The ftp URL for the docbook tools is
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools/ and the URL for the
(rather unimportant) DocBook tools home page is
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools/