Le Lundi 13 Novembre 2000 07:08, Gregory Leblanc a écrit : > > In the Makefile, you have the following: > > ... > > htmldir = $(docdir)/html/docbook-utils-0.6 > > ... > > install-htmlDATA: $(html_DATA) > > ... > > $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(htmldir) > > ^^^^^^^^^^^ > > so the buildrooting is done outside of the "docdir" variable by autoconf > > default behaviour. > > I don't really see how this works, but I'm not an auto* expert (yet). Assume it is braindead. Did it? Okay, you did half of the way... ;-) > > I know this is not logical, but I'm not responsible for that. > > Do you mean to say that I can't blame my autoconf problems on you? :) You haven't autoconf problems. Everyone has a problem with autoconf. ;-) > > I encourage you to give a try at building once agin the package to check > > what I'm saying. > > I know that this can be fixed somehow, as there are countless other > packages that work. It hasn't to be fixed, because it is not a problem. The only problem is that when you read the specfile it looks strange that mandir and docdir behave differently. > In it's current form, I am NOT able to build an > RPM for the docbook-utils package unless I'm logged in as root. ???? What happens? Should not be needed. > The > RPM guru's say that the only packages that you MUST be root to build are > the kernel packages, because root access is required to create the DEV > entries. If you want info on building RPMs as non-root, let me know as > I've got a short article on that. I'll post a message to the RPM-list > tomorrow to see if they can help out. Thanks, Greg No it should not be necessary. First tell me what's wrong with docbook-utils. -- Éric Bischoff - Documentation and Localization Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for eBusiness Tel: +49 9131 7192 300 - Fax: +49 9131 7192 399 http://www.caldera.de/