Le Mardi 29 Mai 2001 01:29, Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho a écrit : > > Hi Jorge. I hope you are doing fine. > > Hi! I'm OK, thanks. :-)) Super! :-) > >> Don't do that. Instead create an xml-common. XML entities are not > >> required to proccess SGML documents and SGML entities aren't > >> required to proccess XML documents. > > > > But you can use SGML entities to process XML documents and XML > > entities to process SGML documents. There is interoperability. > > (...) For XML entities one uses Unicode representation, for SGML not. I know. But XML files are SGML files (the contrary is not true) and SGML tools can use both entity sets. I'm not sure however that it would mean that we can get rid of the SGML-only version of the ISO entities, they way they are declared could have some impact, for example on stylesheets. I've simply been putting everything together because of this interoperability, and to avoid multiplying the number of packages. Don't you think we've got already enough of them? ;-) I agree that a separate xml-common package could be a valid technical solution, I just don't really see a good reason why we should go this way. Everything this package contains are very basic and small ressources, although a bit heterogeneous. I think that both versions of the ISO entities go well together in this package. -- Éric Bischoff - Documentation and Localization Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for eBusiness Tel: +49 9131 7192 300 - Fax: +49 9131 7192 399 http://www.caldera.de/