public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* pdf with clickable hyperlinks
@ 2003-08-11 11:51 Moritz Lennert
From: Moritz Lennert @ 2003-08-11 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Hello,

I imagine I'm not the first to ask, but I haven't found the answer on the
web, nor in the mailing list archives:

How do I create a pdf with clickable hyperlinks from a xml file ? I
normally use docbook2pdf to transform my files to pdf, but the http://
addresses are not clickable in the resulting file.

Could someone tell me what to do, or point me to a source of info ?

Thanks,

Moritz

* Re: pdf with clickable hyperlinks
@ 2003-08-11 14:43 ` Ismael Olea
From: Ismael Olea @ 2003-08-11 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlennert; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

El lun, 11-08-2003 a las 06:51, Moritz Lennert escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I imagine I'm not the first to ask, but I haven't found the answer on the
> web, nor in the mailing list archives:
>
> How do I create a pdf with clickable hyperlinks from a xml file ? I
> normally use docbook2pdf to transform my files to pdf, but the http://
> addresses are not clickable in the resulting file.

AFAIK that method always worked for my. What version of the software do
you use?

--
        A.Ismael Olea González

        mailto:ismael@olea.org  http://www.olea.org
        http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

        El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA

* Re: pdf with clickable hyperlinks
@ 2003-08-11 14:51   ` Moritz Lennert
From: Moritz Lennert @ 2003-08-11 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ismael Olea; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

Ismael Olea said:
> El lun, 11-08-2003 a las 06:51, Moritz Lennert escribió:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I imagine I'm not the first to ask, but I haven't found the answer on
>> the
>> web, nor in the mailing list archives:
>>
>> How do I create a pdf with clickable hyperlinks from a xml file ? I
>> normally use docbook2pdf to transform my files to pdf, but the http://
>> addresses are not clickable in the resulting file.
>
> AFAIK that method always worked for my. What version of the software do
> you use?

Debian testing version 0.6.13-2

@ 2003-08-13  8:18     ` Moritz Lennert
From: Moritz Lennert @ 2003-08-13  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss; +Cc: Ismael Olea

Moritz Lennert said:
> Ismael Olea said:
>> El lun, 11-08-2003 a las 06:51, Moritz Lennert escribió:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I imagine I'm not the first to ask, but I haven't found the answer on
>>> the
>>> web, nor in the mailing list archives:
>>>
>>> How do I create a pdf with clickable hyperlinks from a xml file ? I
>>> normally use docbook2pdf to transform my files to pdf, but the http://
>>> addresses are not clickable in the resulting file.
>>
>> AFAIK that method always worked for my. What version of the software do
>> you use?
>>

> Debian testing version 0.6.13-2

As a follow-up maybe I'm using the wrong markups ?

I use

<ulink url="&webhome;gdp/html_grass5/html/g.region.html">g.region</ulink>

which in the PDF version gives me:

g.region (http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/g.region.html) with the
url not being clickable.

Am I using the correct commands ?