public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
From: Peter Toft <pto@linuxbog.dk>
To: "Éric Bischoff" <e.bischoff@noos.fr>
Cc: docbook-tools-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: db2html  - how to control HTML file breaks
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:33:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Éric Bischoff wrote:

> Le Lundi 24 Novembre 2003 23:40, Peter Toft a écrit :
> > Hi guruz
> >
> > How can I control the file-breaks of my HTML output from
> > db2html (using DocBook XML 4.2)?
> > I want to have a new HTML-file for every chapter,
> > not for every sect1 og sect2 Actually - I should extend my
> > question; how can I get a new HTML-file for (and only)
> > * every new chapter
> > * every new sect1 or chapter
> > * every new sect1, sect2 or chapter
>
> Hi Peter, long time not hearing from you.

Well I have been writing :-))

We now have approx 1900 pages on Linux at
http://www.linuxbog.dk - lots of books in Danish.

> I think it's not really a tools problem, but a DSSSL stylesheets issue.
> Redefine the chunk-element list in your customized stylesheet.
>
> (define (chunk-element-list)
>   (list (normalize "preface")
>         (normalize "chapter")
>         (normalize "appendix")
>         (normalize "article")
>         (normalize "glossary")
>         (normalize "bibliography")
>         (normalize "index")
>         (normalize "colophon")
>         (normalize "setindex")
>         (normalize "reference")
>         (normalize "refentry")
>         (normalize "part")
>         (normalize "sect1")
>         (normalize "section")
>         (normalize "book") ;; just in case nothing else matches...
>         (normalize "set")  ;; sets are definitely chunks...
>         ))
>
> Other relevant variables :
>
> (define %root-filename% "index") ;; name for the root html file
> (define %html-ext% ".html") ;; default extension for html output files
> (define %html-prefix% "") ;; prefix for all filenames generated (except root)
> (define %use-id-as-filename% #t) ;; uses ID value, if present, as filename
> (define use-output-dir #f) ;; output in separate directory?
> (define %output-dir% "HTML") ;; if output in directory, it's called HTML
>
> Best,

Thanx

Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@linuxbog.dk] http://pto.linux.dk

  Audience:  What do you want, Eric?
  Eric:  I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck.
  Richard:  Any software that isn't free sucks.
  Linus:  I'm interested in free beer.