public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* Indirection
@ 2005-05-10 20:48 Alan Westhagen
From: Alan Westhagen @ 2005-05-10 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

I have a lot of documents written in docbook xml which, up until
recently, worked fine with docbook-tools.

A typical header looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "=//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
              "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"
[
]>

I can no longer process the documents with docbook-tools.  I believe
the element that has changed is the dtd located at oasis-open.org.

Since I have no power to correct what is installed at
oasis-open.org, I would like to use local files, but with indirection,
so that I do not have to change all the documents each time I
upgrade my system.

I tried to use a symbolic link as the system identifier.  Emacs was
happy with that, but docbook-tools broke.

I tried putting OVERRIDE YES in the catalog file, but the tools
still insist on being able to open the file referenced by the
system identifier.

Does anyone have a simple way of setting up indirection, catalog
based or otherwise, for docbook tools?  My setup is standard
RedHat Enterprise Linux.

Best regards,
Alan