Hi, Actually I would prefer to modify ARGS of w3m as is suggested in man pages and as is done in xmlto docbook txt formatter. (done in attached patch - I'll commit that one to Fedora) About Eric Bischoffs current address - after a bit of google searching, it seems that now he is using ebischoff@nerim.net - but nothing guaranteed. Greetings, Ondrej Vasik Christian Bünnig wrote: > Hey, > > I've experienced a bug in the text backend of the docbook tools. The bug > is about converting from HTML to TEXT with w3m. The backend creates a > temporary HTML file to make a TEXT file from. However, the temporary > HTML has no '.html' suffix and in that case w3m does not convert it to > plain text - the resulting .txt is still HTML. > > Below is a workaround. I just appended '.html' to the variable HTML > (line 22). Now it works. > > Btw .. the e-mail address seems to be not valid > anymore. > > Regards, > > Christian > >