public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* XRef link bug
@ 2007-11-27  8:48 Mike O'Connell
From: Mike O'Connell @ 2007-11-27  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Hi All

Not sure if this is still active but here goes:

While using docbook2pdf and xref links within the document I noticed
that the subsequent link created in the PDF contained a stray '>'

"the Section called Licence Configuration>"

After some investigation I found that if I omitted the '>' in the
following line

"<xref linkend=Licence_Configuration/>"

so that it read

"<xref linkend=Licence_Configuration/"

then the link would appear as it should, this, in turn, however made the
sgml invalid. Closing the xref tag using </xref> also broke the
converter.

Is this a bug or merely a feature?

My docbook versions on Fedora Core 5:

docbook-utils-0.6.14-5
docbook-style-dsssl-1.79-4
docbook-slides-3.3.1-2.1
docbook-style-xsl-1.69.1-5
docbook2X-0.8.7-1.fc5
docbook-dtds-1.0-30
docbook-utils-pdf-0.6.14-5
docbook-simple-1.0-2.1

Kind Regards,

Mike

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-11-27  8:48 UTC | newest]