On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 10:43:50AM +0100, Eric Bischoff wrote: > Announcement : > > I have been repackaging completly the DocBook tools and > rewritten all db* utilities. > > What I have been seeking is : > - to have the db2* scripts change their status from "unmaintained" > to "maintained" It would be nice... > - to have better directory organization in /usr/lib/sgml It depends on your distribution. How's you /usr/lib/sgml? I've done a few customizations here... :-) > - to have things work better with alternate stylesheets I do it with a wrapper, a Makefile and standar tools: jade/openjade & norm's modular stylesheets. > - to make as little assumptions as possible : no > "common" stylesheet for html and printout if not wished, > no need of merging the individual catalogs in a single CATALOG > if not wished, etc It's not difficult. That's one of the reasons I don't use Cygnus tools. > - gnuish syntax Hmmm... It would require some programming, but... it's possible too. > - compatibility (if no alternate stylesheets used) with > former docbook-tools What do you mean by "compatibility"? If your document is written in DocBook, it should be compatible with any tools used to process DocBook files. > My distribution will be used by Caldera OpenLinux and KDE project. I'm > proposing to > make it the standard docbook-tools as well, if you agree. Just let me > know. If you need some help, just drop me a message. -- Godoy. GPG Fingerprint 851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783 "Ser poeta não é minha ambição, E932 1330 BE6D A4A3 0625 é minha maneira de estar sozinho" - Fernando Pessoa. Publicações @ Conectiva S.A. Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf. Exceto onde explicitado as declarações aqui feitas são apenas minhas.