On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 05:58:02PM -0500, Eric Bischoff wrote: > Jorge Godoy wrote: > > But it asks too many questions. We'd also to have GNU syntax: > > > > $ DB --format=html --converter=openjade --nochunk everybody.sgml > > This is the philosophy I'm trying to implement. db2html > already has 5 different conversion flags. Most of them use > defaults that you don't need to redefine for a normal basic > use, so usually "db2html mydoc.sgml" is enough. It's the best way. Having defaults that are usually correct is the best thing that can happen with a tool. :-) > Having "db --format=html" or "db2html" is almost the same > (less letters in the second one). If there is a big > pressure, I will merge db2html, db2pdf, db2rtf and db2ps > together, but this will result in an incompatibility with > previous docbook-tools :-(. Again you can use the other calls as wrappers... Nothing is broken, then. > "--converter" flag seems more interesting to implement. I > must admit that I don't know openjade. It's a kind of > rewriting of Jade, no ? Can someone explain me in private > how you call it usually ? (executable name, are options > names and semantics identical to jade ?) Users normally only > use only one out of them, no ? Usually only one is installed. Openjade's options are exactly the same as Jade's but it supports more output formats (such as MIF, whatever it is). > "--nochunk" looks suspicious to me. Isn't it something you > are supposed to cusstomize through an alternate stylesheet ? > Then you would better use "db2html --dsl nochunk.dsl", no ? I don't see why having another stylesheet just to avoid chunks. In jade you can say: jade ... -V nochunks ... and it will be interpreted the same way as having (define nochunks #t) on your stylesheet. It can only be true or false... > I have been sending the new db2* scripts to the connectiva > list. If people feel like hacking them, why not ? Or they > can give suggestions that I will implement. :-) -- Godoy. Setor de Publicações Publishing Department Conectiva S.A.