public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* collateindex.pl gives too big HTML-files
@ 2002-03-15  9:26 ` Peter Toft
From: Peter Toft @ 2002-03-15  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

I am managing approx. 1350 pages of SGML/DocBook
where I make a set-index over 12 books by
calling collateindex.pl;
 perl ./collateindex.pl -s Symbols -t Index \
   -g -i indexx  -o index.sgml tempdir/HTML.index

(or I might here add -x for setindex)

But as you can see on
http://cvs.sslug.dk/linuxbog/alle/bog/stikord.html
my (set-)index is *big*

Is there any smart way to have the HTML-file with the
index split over several HTML-pages, i.e.
one letter-index-page with links to A, B, C ....
where each letter (+ the symbol page) ends as one
unique HTML-file, i.e. I get something like 26
HTML-pages instead of just one?

Best

--
Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@sslug.dk] http://www.sslug.dk/~pto

* Re: collateindex.pl gives too big HTML-files
@ 2002-03-16  8:13   ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2002-03-16  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Toft; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

/ Peter Toft <pto@sslug.dk> was heard to say:
| Is there any smart way to have the HTML-file with the
| index split over several HTML-pages, i.e.
| one letter-index-page with links to A, B, C ....
| where each letter (+ the symbol page) ends as one
| unique HTML-file, i.e. I get something like 26
| HTML-pages instead of just one?

No, but it's a logical feature request. Please post it at
sourceforge.net/projects/docbook

(I'm a little behind on bugs/features there, but I am working on it.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | 'I have done that,' says my memory. 'I