public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* PDF image support in db2pdf?...
@ 2002-07-28 23:38 ` Herman Bruyninckx
From: Herman Bruyninckx @ 2002-07-28 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

I have a text with a couple of figures, and eps, png etc work fine,
but not pdf. Is it sufficient to just add a keyword ``PDF'' in the
docbook-utils.dsl file?

Herman

--
K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Research Group
<http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc>  +32 16 322480

* Re: PDF image support in db2pdf?...
@ 2002-07-29  1:43   ` Ismael Olea
From: Ismael Olea @ 2002-07-29  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herman Bruyninckx; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

El lun, 29-07-2002 a las 08:27, Herman Bruyninckx escribió:
> I have a text with a couple of figures, and eps, png etc work fine,
> but not pdf. Is it sufficient to just add a keyword ``PDF'' in the
> docbook-utils.dsl file?

Using docbook sgml 4.1:

<!DOCTYPE Book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN">

and png files:

<mediaobject>
    <imageobject>
        <imagedata fileref="granada.png" format="png" scale="40">
    </imageobject>
</mediaobject>

it works for me perfectly.

--
	A.Ismael Olea González

	mailto:ismael@olea.org	http://www.olea.org
	http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

	El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA

* Re: PDF image support in db2pdf?...
@ 2002-07-29  1:59     ` Éric Bischoff
From: Éric Bischoff @ 2002-07-29  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ismael Olea, Herman Bruyninckx; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

On Monday 29 July 2002 10:43, Ismael Olea wrote:
> El lun, 29-07-2002 a las 08:27, Herman Bruyninckx escribió:
> > I have a text with a couple of figures, and eps, png etc work fine,
> > but not pdf. Is it sufficient to just add a keyword ``PDF'' in the
> > docbook-utils.dsl file?
>
> Using docbook sgml 4.1:
> (...) and png files:
> (...) it works for me perfectly.

I think that Herman wanted to use a PDF file as an image. Am I right?

I suppose that modifying the dsl file could perharps work, but what if the PDF
file is made of several pages?

My advice would be to convert the PDF file, if made of a single page, to EPS
first.

Comments?

--
Éric Bischoff

* Re: PDF image support in db2pdf?...
@ 2002-07-29  2:14       ` Herman Bruyninckx
From: Herman Bruyninckx @ 2002-07-29  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Éric Bischoff; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Éric Bischoff wrote:

> On Monday 29 July 2002 10:43, Ismael Olea wrote:
> > El lun, 29-07-2002 a las 08:27, Herman Bruyninckx escribió:
> > > I have a text with a couple of figures, and eps, png etc work fine,
> > > but not pdf. Is it sufficient to just add a keyword ``PDF'' in the
> > > docbook-utils.dsl file?
> >
> > Using docbook sgml 4.1:
> > (...) and png files:
> > (...) it works for me perfectly.
>
> I think that Herman wanted to use a PDF file as an image. Am I right?

Indeed. PNG works fine, indeed, but it is a bitmap format...

> I suppose that modifying the dsl file could perharps work, but what
> if the PDF file is made of several pages?
>
> My advice would be to convert the PDF file, if made of a single page, to EPS
> first.
>
> Comments?

I want to maintain clickable links in my final PDF output, so the
detour via Postscript doesn't sound too good...

Herman

--

@ 2002-12-20 19:23     ` Herman Bruyninckx
From: Herman Bruyninckx @ 2002-12-20 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)