I've written a little wrapper script that uses Jirka Kosek's stylesheet technique to do XML profiling. I could release it as a project, but it's so close to trivial that that seems kind of silly. Enclosed is the script and a RefEntry for it. Tim, do you want to take this into your xmlto package? Hack as you like, rename it, whatever; all I want is for something equivalent to be stock in the next Red Hat release. If you don't want it, tell me that. Then I'll go ahead and release it as a separate package. (Why the hell is conditionalization called profiling, anyway? Have I mentioned recently that XML jargon makes me nauseous?) -- Eric S. Raymond