[I am not subscribed to this ML, please Cc me] Hi Tim and others, Here are your comments about the patch I sent to the Debian Bug Tracking System, which is also attached: > The problem with the patch is that it uses $LANG to determine the > language that the document is written in---unfortunately, it just > tells us the language that the current user is using, not the > languange used by the document author. For that, we must use the > current value of the 'lang' attribute. (That way a single document > could contain all of the translations.) Could you please have a second look on it? Take any manpage written with docbook, replace by and run docbook2man, it still generates foo.1 Now apply this patch and foo.xx.1 is generated. Denis