public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* docbook2html and dssl stylesheet defines
@ 2003-04-09 23:12 Alan Westhagen
From: Alan Westhagen @ 2003-04-09 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

I am a new user of docbook2html and the other jw scripts.  I am using the
docbook-tools package as distributed with RH8.0.  Most functions are
working fine, but I would like to choose a few different options.

I notice that in the docbook-utils.dsl stylesheet file  (which is a
version of
Norman Walsh's Modular Stylesheets) a lot of option variables are defined.
Is there a way to change these options on the docbook2html command line?
Or do I have to change the stylesheet itself?

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Alan

* Re: docbook2html and dssl stylesheet defines
@ 2003-04-10  8:02 ` Tim Waugh
From: Tim Waugh @ 2003-04-10  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Westhagen; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 04:12:49PM -0700, Alan Westhagen wrote:

> I notice that in the docbook-utils.dsl stylesheet file (which is a
> version of Norman Walsh's Modular Stylesheets) a lot of option
> variables are defined.  Is there a way to change these options on
> the docbook2html command line?  Or do I have to change the
> stylesheet itself?

As the man page suggests, the --dsl option is for this.

Tim.
*/

* Re: docbook2html and dssl stylesheet defines
@ 2003-04-10 16:20   ` Alan Westhagen
From: Alan Westhagen @ 2003-04-10 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Waugh; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

Tim,

Thank you for the quick response.  Something that is not clear
to me from the man page is whether or not it is possible to
have more than one --dsl option, and if so, what is the
precedence for applying them?  I would like to write a
small file containing the definitions that I need to override,
and have that merged with the default file.  If that is
not supported, what would be a "best practice" approach
to redefining a small number of style sheet variables?

Alan

@ 2003-04-10 18:36     ` Tim Waugh
From: Tim Waugh @ 2003-04-10 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Westhagen; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 09:20:45AM -0700, Alan Westhagen wrote:

> Thank you for the quick response.  Something that is not clear
> to me from the man page is whether or not it is possible to
> have more than one --dsl option,

You cannot.

> I would like to write a small file containing the definitions that I
> need to override, and have that merged with the default file.

I think you can include other .dsl files using DSSSL (I may be wrong).

Tim.
*/

* Re: docbook2html and dssl stylesheet defines
@ 2003-04-10 19:12     ` Éric Bischoff
From: Éric Bischoff @ 2003-04-10 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Westhagen, Tim Waugh; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

Le Thursday 10 April 2003 18:20, Alan Westhagen a écrit:
> Tim,
>
> Thank you for the quick response.  Something that is not clear
> to me from the man page is whether or not it is possible to
> have more than one --dsl option, and if so, what is the
> precedence for applying them?  I would like to write a
> small file containing the definitions that I need to override,
> and have that merged with the default file.  If that is
> not supported, what would be a "best practice" approach
> to redefining a small number of style sheet variables?

I would say the best practice would be to include the DSSSL files you override
from your own file.

--
The war against Iraq is unjustified, illegal and amoral.