public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.
@ 2010-08-16 11:41 Espen Carlsen
From: Espen Carlsen @ 2010-08-16 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Thought you guys wanted to see this, as you're the one maintaining docbook-utils:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docbook-utils/+bug/46716

The error in line 273 occurs if you have a your .docbook file is in a path that contains a space somewhere in the path and you run docbook2html from the .docbook source directory.
example:
/home/my test/docbook/ is the current directory and you have a test.docbook file in that folder.
Then while you're still in that folder, run docbook2html test.docbook

This generates the error in line 273.

Regards,
Espen Carlsen.

* Re: Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.
@ 2010-08-17  9:07 ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2010-08-17  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Espen Carlsen; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

Le 16 août 2010 à 13:41, Espen Carlsen a écrit :

> Thought you guys wanted to see this, as you're the one maintaining docbook-utils:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docbook-utils/+bug/46716
>
> The error in line 273 occurs if you have a your .docbook file is in a path that contains a space somewhere in the path and you run docbook2html from the .docbook source directory.
> example:
> /home/my test/docbook/ is the current directory and you have a test.docbook file in that folder.
> Then while you're still in that folder, run docbook2html test.docbook
>
> This generates the error in line 273.

Probably missing quotes around the path...

Problem is : who currently maintains docbook-utils ? I don't know if I even still have an account, and on which site?

If no one show up, I can investigate and see if I can regain access, but it's been years i have not touched those files.

Best thing would be if someone could proclam himself/herself as the new maintainer.

* SV: Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.
@ 2010-08-23 12:55   ` Espen Carlsen
From: Espen Carlsen @ 2010-08-23 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Bischoff; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

> From: Eric Bischoff [ebischoff@nerim.net]
> > Thought you guys wanted to see this, as you're the one maintaining docbook-utils:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docbook-utils/+bug/46716
> > The error in line 273 occurs if you have a your .docbook file is in a path that contains a space somewhere in the path and you run docbook2html from the .docbook source directory.
> > example:
> > /home/my test/docbook/ is the current directory and you have a test.docbook file in that folder.
> > Then while you're still in that folder, run docbook2html test.docbook
> > This generates the error in line 273.
> Probably missing quotes around the path...
> Problem is : who currently maintains docbook-utils ? I don't know if I even still have an account, and on which site?

When I searched around, I came up with:
http://sources.redhat.com/docbook-tools/
http://sourceware.org/docbook-tools/

Those looks like mirrors of eachother and the mailaddress at the bottom was the one I mailed.

> If no one show up, I can investigate and see if I can regain access, but it's been years i have not touched those files.
> Best thing would be if someone could proclam himself/herself as the new maintainer.

I think it looks like someone at redhat, though nothing has been changed in those scripts for some years, so it might be that it doesn't have a maintainer.

Regards,
Espen Carlsen.

* Re: SV: Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.
@ 2010-08-23 13:08     ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2010-08-23 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Espen Carlsen; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

> I think it looks like someone at redhat, though nothing has been changed in those scripts for some years, so it might be that it doesn't have a maintainer.

OK, I can take it again and apply your fix... but I don't even know anymore if i have write access, what's the address, and so on. :-(