public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* ADMINSTRIVIA: change list "presentation" name
@ 2001-02-23 13:00 ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2001-02-23 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If it's not too much trouble, could I ask the moderator to please
change the "presentation name" of this list?

This is the "DocBook Tools Discussion" list or some such...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Who knows whether the best of men be
http://nwalsh.com/            | known? or whether there be not more
                              | remarkable persons forgot, than any
                              | that stand remembered in the known
                              | account of time.--Sir Thomas Browne

* Re: ADMINSTRIVIA: change list "presentation" name
@ 2001-02-23 13:56   ` Derek Simkowiak
From: Derek Simkowiak @ 2001-02-23 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

-> If it's not too much trouble, could I ask the moderator to please
-> change the "presentation name" of this list?
->
->   DocBook Mailing List <docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
->
-> This isn't the "DocBook Mailing List", that's docbook@lists.oasis-open.org.
-> This is the "DocBook Tools Discussion" list or some such...

	While we're at it, a bracketed subject prefix would be nice, i.e.:

[DTD] Subject here

	It makes life easier for those of us who manually read through our
mails each day.  It also makes it a little easier to set up sorting
filters in most email programs.

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak

* Re: ADMINSTRIVIA: change list "presentation" name
@ 2001-02-23 14:22     ` Hugo.van.der.Kooij
From: Hugo.van.der.Kooij @ 2001-02-23 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> -> If it's not too much trouble, could I ask the moderator to please
> -> change the "presentation name" of this list?
> ->
> ->   DocBook Mailing List <docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
> ->
> -> This isn't the "DocBook Mailing List", that's docbook@lists.oasis-open.org.
> -> This is the "DocBook Tools Discussion" list or some such...
>
> 	While we're at it, a bracketed subject prefix would be nice, i.e.:
>
> [DTD] Subject here
>

> 	It makes life easier for those of us who manually read through our
> mails each day.  It also makes it a little easier to set up sorting
> filters in most email programs.

I counted about 8 lines added by the mailinglist software. Should be
enough for half a dozen filters.

And I don't like to waste Subject line space to mailinglist info. Iy
usually becomes messy as soon as you respond.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.

* Re: ADMINSTRIVIA: change list "presentation" name
@ 2001-02-23 14:59       ` Derek Simkowiak
From: Derek Simkowiak @ 2001-02-23 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

-> And I don't like to waste Subject line space to mailinglist info. Iy
-> usually becomes messy as soon as you respond.

	This is my last message on this subject.  If you want to reply to
me, please do so privately.

	Re: line space: it's 5 characters.  Most of the lists I'm
subscribed to (mostly Open Source projects) have some such prefix, and it
really does help.  It helps me, anyway.

	Second: Mailman and Majordomo both support the idea of a prefix;
i.e., the prefix is not added on every time somebody replies.  The prefix
will only appear once for each message.  On all the lists I maintain we
have a prefix, and nobody's complained about them.

	Obviously, it's always up to the list maintainer, I was just
throwing the request out there.

--Derek

* Re: ADMINSTRIVIA: change list "presentation" name
@ 2001-12-19 22:49 ` Derek Simkowiak

From: Derek Simkowiak @ 2001-12-19 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-12-19 22:49   ` Hugo.van.der.Kooij
From: Hugo.van.der.Kooij @ 2001-12-19 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)