Friends - One of the oldies but goodies :-) I still struggle with the problem that doing a PS og PDF output from my SGML DocBook source could create lines, which a going longer than the right side margin of the paper, e.g. this line could if but then on the other hand you well should look at this URL Depending on the about of "bla bla bla" in from of the the ulink-tag produces code, which lead to my problem. We have tried to cure the problem by invoking http://cvs.sslug.dk/linuxbog/httpsplit.pl - the odd usage of ComMand in there makes it simple to trace where we have changes. The idea in the small Perl program is really to replace http://cvs.sslug.dk/linuxbog/httpsplit.pl with http://cvs.sslug.dk /linuxbog /httpsplit.pl This is a good way - all the line breaks disappear :-) BUT it could be even better if we - in some way - could avoid the additional spaces and get a VERY small space-like character where the line can be broken without the output of the ordinary space. Well - as I told you - it is my old irritating problem, so if you have a better solution that our httpsplit.pl please come forward. Best regards to you all -- Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@sslug.dk] http://www.sslug.dk/~pto "You don't win a battle by asking, `Will we win?' You win it by doing your best to win" - Richard M Stallman LinuxKonference i København: http://LinuxForum.dk/