public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* [docbook2pdf] How to generate horizontal lines in a PDF document?
@ 2009-05-21  7:04 Yang SongXiang
From: Yang SongXiang @ 2009-05-21  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Hi, all,

I want to add 2 horizontal lines in my docbook, like this:

--------------------
 int i = 0;
 sample code;
--------------------

But had no idea how to do that. I googled it, only found
http://oreilly.com/catalog/docbook/book2/iso-box.html, but still don't
know how to use it, since lack of demo sample.

Can anyone provided a simple sample how to generate horizontal lines?

Thanks
-Scord

* Re: [docbook2pdf] How to generate horizontal lines in a PDF document?
@ 2009-05-21 10:22 ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2009-05-21 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang SongXiang; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

Le 21 mai 09 à 09:04, Yang SongXiang a écrit :

> Hi, all,
>
> I want to add 2 horizontal lines in my docbook, like this:
>
> --------------------
> int i = 0;
> sample code;
>
> But had no idea how to do that. I googled it, only found
> http://oreilly.com/catalog/docbook/book2/iso-box.html, but still don't
> know how to use it, since lack of demo sample.
>
> Can anyone provided a simple sample how to generate horizontal lines?

You're on the wrong track. DocBook is not a presentation language. You
only describe the semantics of your text. To fine-tune the
presentation, you have to adapt the style sheets used for rendering.

Éric Bischoff
ebischoff@nerim.net