public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* docbook2man backend bug.
@ 2004-05-30  0:41 Sam Varshavchik
From: Sam Varshavchik @ 2004-05-30  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

The --include option does not work when using the docbook2man wrapper
script.

Given the limitations of the man backend, this effectively rules out any
kind of a workaround using --include.

/usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-$VER/backends/man invokes nsgmls without any
arguments.

I fixed this bug by exporting SGML_INCLUDE from /usr/bin/jw, then passing
$SGML_INCLUDE as a parameter to nsgmls, in the man wrapper.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been noticed before.