public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* ld2db
@ 1999-10-17 22:04 Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 1999-10-17 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Hello.

I am using the Cygnus docbook RPMs and I wish to convert a document
which currently uses the Linuxdoc DTD.

Can someone please tell me the best way to do this?  Thanks.

BTW: I have been told that 'sgml-tools -b ld2db' is the command, however
I do not have sgml-tools.  When I attempted to install it, it conflicted
with /usr/bin/nsgmls which makes me think that sgml-tools.v1 is
superseded.  Does this make sense?

* Re: ld2db
@ 1999-10-18  0:53 ` Jochem Huhmann
From: Jochem Huhmann @ 1999-10-18  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

 * "Andrew Morton" <morton@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
 > Hello.
 >
 > I am using the Cygnus docbook RPMs and I wish to convert a document
 > which currently uses the Linuxdoc DTD.
 >
 > Can someone please tell me the best way to do this?  Thanks.

Try to find the ld2db.dsl stylesheet (comes with sgml-tools 2.x). You
can use it like any other stylesheet with jade, something like "jade
-t sgml -d ld2db.dsl linuxdoc.sgml > docbook.sgml" should do the trick.

        Jochem

* non-existent ".gml" files
@ 1999-10-22 14:58   ` Jonathan F. Dill
From: Jonathan F. Dill @ 1999-10-22 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Hi all,

Does it cause any problems to have duplicate entries in CATALOG, one
which points to a file that doesn't exist?  For eg. picking one at
random:

In CATALOG from sgml-common 0.12-3
PUBLIC        "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Diacritical Marks//EN" ISOdia

In CATALOG from docbook 3.1-5
PUBLIC "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Diacritical Marks//EN" "iso-dia.gml"

I suppose it might not matter, since the correct entry comes first.  Is
there some reason that it's better to leave the "bad" entries in there?
Is it just a waste of time if I "fix" it and send a patch for
docbook.cat?

--
"Jonathan F. Dill" (dill@umbi.umd.edu)
CARB Systems and Network Administrator

* Re: non-existent ".gml" files
@ 1999-10-25  6:16     ` Mark Galassi
From: Mark Galassi @ 1999-10-25  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan F. Dill; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

    Jonathan> I suppose it might not matter, since the correct entry
    Jonathan> comes first.  Is there some reason that it's better to
    Jonathan> leave the "bad" entries in there?  Is it just a waste of
    Jonathan> time if I "fix" it and send a patch for docbook.cat?

A patch against the anonymous CVS would be wonderful; thanks!