public inbox for dwz@sourceware.org
* Re: dwz & DWARF 5 - .debug_addr
       [not found] ` <663a60fb-2631-a9a2-a068-e2ee9cbb12f9@maxzor.eu>
@ 2022-02-12 21:26   ` Maxime Chambonnet
From: Maxime Chambonnet @ 2022-02-12 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dwz; +Cc: debian-ai, debian-gcc

This time, this mail should be targeted at the right persons ':)

On 2/12/22 21:46, Maxime Chambonnet wrote:
> CC-ing debian-ai@l.d.o, please pardon the spam
>
> On 2/12/22 21:45, Maxime Chambonnet wrote:
>> Dear GCC maintainers,
>>
>> I am dealing with a package that tries to make full use of DWARF 5 [1].
>> I try to help the ROCm Debian packaging team [2].
>> Do you have a VCS or a source repository? It is marked unknown on the
>> package page [3]. Is there work-in-progress to support .debug_addr?[4]
>>
>> Best regards, Maxime
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/hipamd/issues/17
>> [2] https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team
>> [3] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dwz
>> [4] https://manpages.debian.org/testing/dwz/dwz.1.en.html

* Re: dwz & DWARF 5 - .debug_addr
@ 2022-02-24 13:20 George, Jini Susan
From: George, Jini Susan @ 2022-02-24 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxzor, dwz; +Cc: E, Nagajyothi, Sharma, Alok Kumar

[AMD Official Use Only]

Hello Maxime,

We have submitted a few patches for complete DWARFv5 support (including support for .debug_addr) -- all the patches are awaiting review. Listing the links to a few of the mails here.

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/dwz/2021q2/001246.html <== the mail regarding the .debug_addr patch

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/dwz/2021q2/001247.html <== Test script modifications to use llvm-dwarfdump when compiler is clang

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/dwz/2021q3/001266.html <== Split DWARF support for DWZ

If the reviewers could help us with this, it would be great. Will repost the patches.

Thanks,
Jini.