public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
From: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
To: tromey@redhat.com
Cc: Adrian FILIP <adi@saguaro.ro>, eclipse@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: eclipse on RH 9
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 19:32, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Adrian> I tried to install the snapshot on RH 9, I downloaded all the
> Adrian> needed src.rpm from taroon and tried to build all of them on
> Adrian> RH 9, but oprofile needs elinks which I can't build it, I
> Adrian> receive some errors. Do I need a newer version of gcc or rpm?
> Adrian> I have gcc-3.2.2-5 and rpm-4.2-0.69.  Can somebody give me
> Adrian> some hints related to this?
>
> Hm, I'm still cheating a bit and not building oprofile.  Shame on me.
>
> I know Mark Wielaard made this work somehow.  Mark, what did you do?

I cheated even more then you. I only made the eclipse package from
source. All others were binary packages from taroon and rawhide
(oprofilee came from rawhide and ctags I believe). In that case you need
the C++ -> C JNI lib patch that I posted since there is no binary
package of g++-ssa.

Cheers,

Mark