public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
* eclipse on RH 9
@ 2003-08-13 14:21 Adrian FILIP
From: Adrian FILIP @ 2003-08-13 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eclipse

Hi,

I tried to install the snapshot on RH 9, I downloaded all the needed
src.rpm
from taroon and tried to build all of them on RH 9, but oprofile needs
elinks which
I can't build it, I receive some errors. Do I need a newer version of gcc
or rpm?
I have gcc-3.2.2-5 and rpm-4.2-0.69.
Can somebody give me some hints related to this?

Thanks,
Adi

P.S. This the error:
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../../depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I`dirname ../../config.h` -I../../src    -O2 -g -pipe
-march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -Wall -I/usr/kerberos/include   -I/usr/X11R6/include
-c `test -f 'dns.c' || echo './'`dns.c
dns.c: In function `do_real_lookup':
dns.c:85: `AI_ADDRCONFIG' undeclared (first use in this function)
dns.c:85: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dns.c:85: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [dns.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/elinks-0.4.2/src/lowlevel'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/elinks-0.4.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/elinks-0.4.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

RPM build errors:

* Re: eclipse on RH 9
@ 2003-08-14 17:40 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2003-08-14 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian FILIP; +Cc: eclipse

Adrian> I tried to install the snapshot on RH 9, I downloaded all the
Adrian> needed src.rpm from taroon and tried to build all of them on
Adrian> RH 9, but oprofile needs elinks which I can't build it, I
Adrian> receive some errors. Do I need a newer version of gcc or rpm?
Adrian> I have gcc-3.2.2-5 and rpm-4.2-0.69.  Can somebody give me
Adrian> some hints related to this?

Hm, I'm still cheating a bit and not building oprofile.  Shame on me.

I know Mark Wielaard made this work somehow.  Mark, what did you do?

You can probably get away with installing the oprofile binary RPMs on
your RHL 9 box.  Just don't try to run the oprofile plugin, since
you'll probably have the wrong kernel to actually use oprofile.

Tom

* Re: eclipse on RH 9
@ 2003-08-14 22:26   ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2003-08-14 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Adrian FILIP, eclipse

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 19:32, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Adrian> I tried to install the snapshot on RH 9, I downloaded all the
> Adrian> needed src.rpm from taroon and tried to build all of them on
> Adrian> RH 9, but oprofile needs elinks which I can't build it, I
> Adrian> receive some errors. Do I need a newer version of gcc or rpm?
> Adrian> I have gcc-3.2.2-5 and rpm-4.2-0.69.  Can somebody give me
> Adrian> some hints related to this?
>
> Hm, I'm still cheating a bit and not building oprofile.  Shame on me.
>
> I know Mark Wielaard made this work somehow.  Mark, what did you do?

I cheated even more then you. I only made the eclipse package from
source. All others were binary packages from taroon and rawhide
(oprofilee came from rawhide and ctags I believe). In that case you need
the C++ -> C JNI lib patch that I posted since there is no binary
package of g++-ssa.

Cheers,

Mark