public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
* cannot build from srpm.
@ 2003-08-12 14:53 Marcos Dione
From: Marcos Dione @ 2003-08-12 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eclipse

    I know this is a redhat mailing list, but I think that if this can
be built in redhat, it must be buildable on any distro. so...

    I'm using eclipse under debian. once I heard that it was compiled
under linux w/ gcj, I wanted to do the same. so I downloaded the srpm,
used alien to convert it to a .tgz which contained the .spect and the
tar.gz w/ the sources. I uncompressed the sources and poked into the
.spec searching for the %build section. I found it, copied it to a
script file, set up the variables correctly and run it. the compilation
stops in the link step:

mdione@sexy:~/src/e$ ./b.sh
gcj-3.3 -shared --encoding=ISO-8859-1 -fPIC  --classpath=.:compiler:batch --extdirs=/usr/share/java -o lib-org-eclipse-jdt-core.so obj/antadapter/org/eclipse/jdt/core/EcjJDTCompilerAdapter.o ... obj/compiler/org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/parser/parser5.o -l-org-apache-tools-1.5.2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-org-apache-tools-1.5.2
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lib-org-eclipse-jdt-core.so] Error 1

the script I use (that b.sh) is:

export java_home=/usr/lib/j2se/1.4;
export java_jre=/usr;
export java_runtime=${java_jre}/share/java/libgcj-3.3.1.jar;
export java_bin=/usr/bin;
#
# Define as true to compile to native.
export gcj_build=true;
# Define as true to build .class files with ecj.
export ecj_build=true;

export JAVA_HOME=${java_home};
export PATH=${java_bin}:/usr/bin:$PATH;

target=buildAll;
build_options="-os linux -ws gtk -bc ${java_runtime}";

if ${gcj_build}; then
  export JAVACMD=${java_bin}/gij-3.3;
  export GCJ=gcj-3.3;
  export CC=gcc-3.3;
  target=gcjBuild;
fi;

if ${ecj_build}; then
  build_options="$build_options -ecj";
fi;

./build -target $target $build_options;

    as you can see, is a bash version of the %build section of the .spec
file. I don't see any org.apache.tools dir nor a way to compile that
lib. what's wrong? or is it that the build is too much coupled to the
redhat distro?