public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
* Announcing Eclipse-RPM and Eclipse-OProfile
@ 2004-10-21 16:17 Jeremy Handcock
From: Jeremy Handcock @ 2004-10-21 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eclipse

I am very pleased to announce the new Eclipse-RPM and Eclipse-OProfile
projects on Eclipse.org!

Eclipse-RPM is an Eclipse-based front-end to the RPM Package Management
system and provides an easy way for users to package C/C++ applications.
Eclipse-OProfile is an Eclipse-based front-end to the powerful,
Linux-based OProfile profiling tool.  Eclipse-OProfile provides an easy
way for users to profile C/C++ applications system-wide.

Red Hat has donated Eclipse-RPM and Eclipse-OProfile to the Eclipse
Foundation's C/C++ Development Tools (CDT) project to expand the Eclipse
IDE's offerings in the C/C++ arena.  Eclipse-RPM and Eclipse-OProfile
will operate as contributions to the existing CDT project.

For more information, downloads, documentation, and how to get involved
in Eclipse-RPM and Eclipse-OProfile, please visit the respective web
sites:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.cdt-contrib/org.eclipse.cdt.rpm-home/index.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.cdt-contrib/org.eclipse.cdt.oprofile-home/index.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

As you'll see on the web sites, we've created a new mailing list for
developer discussion relating to these contributions:
cdt-contrib-dev@eclipse.org.  Please feel free to follow up with any
questions about Eclipse-RPM and Eclipse-OProfile.

We will be actively encouraging others to participate in Eclipse-RPM and
Eclipse-OProfile development.  We are committed to being extremely open,
receptive, and responsive to all questions, proposals, and patches.

I'm looking forward to working with all of you and I hope to see you out
on the mailing list!

Jeremy

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-21 16:17 UTC | newest]