public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
* Note on using cvs gcc
@ 2003-10-08 17:45 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2003-10-08 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eclipse

Last week I tried using the current gcc.gnu.org cvs trunk gcc to build
eclipse.  This went pretty well.

I had to s/solib/gcjlib/ in all the sources, since our special URL
handler was renamed before putting it in the public tree.

Also, one of the .jar files wouldn't compile, because the net gcj
still has a bug in its verifier -- in the "gcc-ssa" RPM, we just
disable the verifier to work around this.  An uncompiled .jar isn't a
big problem, though, since everything should still work interpreted.

The resulting eclipse starts up fine.  I didn't do any serious testing
of it, but I wouldn't anticipate major problems.  Usually serious bugs
show up during the startup process.

Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-08 17:45 UTC | newest]