public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: Marc Boorshtein <marc.boorshtein@octetstring.com>
Cc: eclipse@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: ant support?
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:54:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Marc" == Marc Boorshtein <marc.boorshtein@octetstring.com> writes:

Marc> ok, thanks!  this might sound like a dumb question, but how do I
Marc> apply this patch?  I've never worked with patches and rpms.

Hmm, there's no simple way to explain it.  In the below I assume
you're going to go out on the net (or man pages or whatever) and read
up about rpmbuild, patch, etc.

The simplest thing to do is to make a new eclipse source file and
then rebuild.

So first, install (rpm -i) prepare the SRPM (rpmbuild -bp).

The new eclipse build directory will be ../BUILD/eclipse-something.

Go to the ant plugin subdirectory: plugins/org.eclipse.ant.core.
Apply the patch with "patch -p0 < patch-file".
Now go back to the eclipse build directory (../..).

Run:

./build -bc /usr/share/java/libgcj-3.5-tree-ssa.jar -arch x86 -os linux -ws gtk -target makeSourceTarball

This will make a new eclipse-src.tar.gz file (in "..").
Copy this over the eclipse-src.tar.gz in SOURCES.

Now go to SPECS and do a full eclipse build ("rpmbuild -ba
eclipse-blahblah.spec").

I know that's pretty brief, but I don't have time to go into all the
details.  I'm afraid you'll have to do a lot of the legwork on your
own.

For this to work you'll need the ant RPM (and all its dependencies)
installed.  You'll also need gcc-ssa and friends.

Tom