public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
* Fedora 2 & Eclipse
@ 2004-05-10 20:03 Ricardo Gorosito
From: Ricardo Gorosito @ 2004-05-10 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eclipse

Any news/progress about RH's Eclipse & Fedora 2? AFAIK oprifile is the
'stopper'.

Thanks, Ricardo.-

* Re: Fedora 2 & Eclipse
@ 2004-05-10 22:31 Paul Nasrat
From: Paul Nasrat @ 2004-05-10 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: eclipse

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 04:12:47PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Paul> I had Eclipse building with gcc-ssa and gcc34 mostly - ISTR the
> Paul> RHEL binaries were working for someone out of the box.  The
> Paul> issues I hit are in the archives - solib/gcjlib, various link
> Paul> problems, etc.
>
> I got it building by basically s/solib/gcjlib/ in the eclipse patches.

Yup - I've posted my patch to list before and you cast an eye on it and it
seemed sane.

> You need a small patch to SWT to make it build with the newer Gtk.

Hmm, pretty sure got that far too.

> Once this stuff is done, it seems to crash if you do anything real
> with it; Anthony Green claimed better success but I'm not sure under
> what conditions.

IIRC I got splash and stuff working correctly then barfing on various runtime
linking issues.  This could be me, and I'm not overly familiar with how
gcj/eclipse deals with hybrid .so/java stuff.

It strikes me that it should be at least something that should go into Fedora
Extras for FC2 eventually.  I'll rebuild and log and try and poke people here -
I've had a lot of out of channel intrest from people via jpackage and other
forums for native eclipse so I would personally like to see it in fedora once
all the pain is gone.

Paul