public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
From: Marc Boorshtein <marc.boorshtein@octetstring.com>
To: eclipse@sources.redhat.com
Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>, Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Fedora 2 & Eclipse
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

I haven't received much traffic on this list, but I was wondering if it
was still active?  I am trying to compile an SWT application to run on
linux using gcj.  The application runs on SWT 3.0.1.  Here is the
command line I am using:

gcj   -O2 -fjni
--main=com.octetstring.jdbc.ldap.browser.JdbcLdapBrowserApp
dist/osgi.jar dist/swt-pi-linux.jar dist/swt-mozilla.jar
dist/swt-linux.jar   dist/runtime.jar  dist/boot.jar dist/jface.jar
dist/ldap.jar  dist/runtime.jar  dist/ldap.jar dist/jdbcLdap.jar
dist/jdbcLdapBrowser.jar -o ldapBrowser

After playing around with the ordering, I figured it was best to put
osgi first,  but when I try this I get the error:

org/osgi/service/url/AbstractURLStreamHandlerService.java: In class
`org.osgi.service.url.AbstractURLStreamHandlerService':
org/osgi/service/url/AbstractURLStreamHandlerService.java: In method
`org.osgi.service.url.AbstractURLStreamHandlerService.equals(java.net.UR
L,java.net.URL)':
org/osgi/service/url/AbstractURLStreamHandlerService.java:83: class
'java.net.URLStreamHandler' has no method named 'equals' matching
signature '(Ljava/net/URL;Ljava/net/URL;)Z'
org/osgi/service/url/AbstractURLStreamHandlerService.java:93: confused
by earlier errors, bailing out

Is there something else I need to do?  I tried including rt.jar in the
classpath, but gcj didn't like that very much.  I know you gotten
eclipse 2.1 working with gcj, I was wondering if there had been any
luck with 3.0 and the 3.0  libraries.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Marc Boorshtein
Sr. Software Engineer, Octet String
marc.boorshtein@octetstring.com