public inbox for eclipse@sourceware.org
* filtering
@ 2003-09-19 14:17 Lloyd Bergman
From: Lloyd Bergman @ 2003-09-19 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eclipse

I am new to this list.  I assume this is a forum for questions and answers
about Eclipse, the JAVA IDE.  If not, please let me know.  If so, does
anyone know if it is possible to have Eclipse ignore certain directories in
a project.  For example, if my project is in the com directory how would I
tell Eclipse to ignore the programs in com\A\subA?

* Re: filtering
@ 2003-09-19 14:32 ` Jeff Duska
From: Jeff Duska @ 2003-09-19 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lloyd Bergman; +Cc: eclipse

I think this list is more about the native version Eclipse that RedHat is
creating and will be included in the next version of Enterprise RedHat Linux.
In the future, I think you'll find more help for these questions on the
newsgroups.

Here is how you can hide a directory or etc in Eclipse.
    * Goto project properties. (You can do this by right clicking on the
Project Root Folder.)
    * In the project dialog, select Java Build Path.
    * Select the Source Tab
    * Expand the root src directory where the path you wish to filter live,
i.e. /com/a/sub goto to the src directory com. (Remember, you can have more
than one source directory.)
    * Expand the tree control.
    * You should see the Exclusion filter: (none)
    * Click edit  to add your exclusion

HTH,

Jeff