* Announcing eCos Configuration Tool 2.02
@ 2001-06-27 10:00 Julian Smart
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Julian Smart @ 2001-06-27 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
The latest version of the new Configuration Tool for Linux and Windows is
Various bugs are fixed, including the Windows 98 crash problem and the
directory naming bug.
I enclose an extract from the change log below.
*** Version 2.02, June 27th 2001
- Packages are now sorted in the Packages Dialog.
Templates are sorted on Windows, not yet on Linux.
- There was an interaction between Configtool/TCL/Windows 98 that
caused a GPF when saving files. This has now been worked around.
- When entering the user tools directory, Configtool now
recognises it correctly if it contains appropriate binaries.
- The current build tools path is saved so that if the eCos
installer wasn't used, there will be a default build tools
path and the user won't get asked every time.
- Main window now refreshed after some dialogs close and before
a lengthy operation for aesthetic reasons.
- The dialogs for saving and opening .ecc files now default to the
directory of the last loaded/saved file, for convenience.
- Switched to Rich Edit control for Output Window since it has
a higher capacity; this causes scrolling behaviour to be
less than optimal on NT and a bit weird on Win98, so there's some
work to do.
- Added CHANGES.txt and TODO.txt to the distribution.
*** Version 2.01, June 2001
- Clicking Save when tool was first loaded didn't do anything.
Now behaves like Save As for a first-time save.
- Mix-up with directory names fixed.
- Windows installer now leaves existing DLLs intact even if
the installer's files were newer.
- The Unix tarball now contains a subdirectory containing the current
version in the name.
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-06-27 10:00 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2001-06-27 10:00 Announcing eCos Configuration Tool 2.02 Julian Smart
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).