public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* Elegant substitute for kzalloc() through #define?
@ 2013-08-28 12:23 Max Seidenstücker
From: Max Seidenstücker @ 2013-08-28 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

As I am trying to touch as few source files as possible I am looking for a
good way to substitute a call to Linux kzalloc(). This function allocates
and zeroes the memory before returning the pointer. So a call to malloc()
and then memset() in eCos is my approach.

How can a #define be written to do the trick, so I don't need to touch the
source file in this area with #ifdef  __ECOS ?

struct jffs2_inode_info *f = kzalloc(sizeof(*f), GFP_KERNEL);
if (!f)
	return -ENOMEM;

#define kzalloc(x,y) \
	malloc(x); \
	if (HOW_TO_MAKE_SURE_MALLOC_WAS_SUCCESSFUL) { \
		memset(tmp,0,x);\
	}

Regards
Max Seidenstuecker

* Re: Elegant substitute for kzalloc() through #define?
@ 2013-08-28 13:14 ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2013-08-28 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Seidenstücker; +Cc: ecos-devel

What's about

 #define kzalloc(size, flags) calloc(size, 1)

See calloc(3) http://linux.die.net/man/3/calloc

Sergei

@ 2013-08-30 14:47   ` Max Seidenstuecker
From: Max Seidenstuecker @ 2013-08-30 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)