public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* getting started with ECOS
@ 2004-10-13 22:40 Gerard J. Cerchio
From: Gerard J. Cerchio @ 2004-10-13 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Hi All,

I am a new comer to ECOS.

I am trying to port our current project from a commercial RTOS and wish to
do some testing of ECOS on the SNDS-100.

I have managed to build a simple kernel, a redboot, and an Ethernet kernel.

I have a few of the tests built and ready to go.

I am having trouble actually running the built modules on the SNDS-100.  I
am using the Lauterbach Trace 32 debugger and none of the modules appear to
run, after loading them with success.

Also any network throughput test results for the SNDS-100 or any Samsung
S3C4510 device running ECOS would be appreciated.

I am attempting to run ECOS v2.0 built with the distributed arm-elf tools.

I am using Cygwin as the working environment and found the updated config
tool and find that it works fine.

Thanks,
Gerard J. Cerchio
www.circlesoft.com
---gjpc--@--circlesoft.com---
Please remove the dashes for direct email

* Re: getting started with ECOS
@ 2004-10-14  8:06 ` Roland Caßebohm
From: Roland Caßebohm @ 2004-10-14  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel; +Cc: Gerard J. Cerchio

Hi,

As I know in the default settings the SNDS-100 board is
configured to be big-endian. Maybe you haven't build eCos for
big-endian?

For which startup type is eCos configured? If it is for RAM
the initial hardware configuration is missing and you have to
do it by the JTAG. For example remapping RAM to 0x0 and FLASH
to I think 0x2000000.

Roland

Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2004 00:40 schrieb Gerard J.
Cerchio:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a new comer to ECOS.
>
> I am trying to port our current project from a commercial
> RTOS and wish to do some testing of ECOS on the SNDS-100.
>
> I have managed to build a simple kernel, a redboot, and an
> Ethernet kernel.
>
> I have a few of the tests built and ready to go.
>
> I am having trouble actually running the built modules on
> the SNDS-100.  I am using the Lauterbach Trace 32 debugger
> and none of the modules appear to run, after loading them
> with success.

> Also any network throughput test results for the SNDS-100
> or any Samsung S3C4510 device running ECOS would be
> appreciated.
>
> I am attempting to run ECOS v2.0 built with the distributed
> arm-elf tools.
>
> I am using Cygwin as the working environment and found the
> updated config tool and find that it works fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Gerard J. Cerchio
> www.circlesoft.com
> ---gjpc--@--circlesoft.com---
> Please remove the dashes for direct email

VS Vision Systems GmbH, Industrial Image Processing
Dipl.-Ing. Roland Caßebohm
Aspelohe 27A, D-22848 Norderstedt, Germany
http://www.visionsystems.de