public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* Which database is available for ecos
@ 2004-10-15 14:25 Saurabh Agarwal
From: Saurabh Agarwal @ 2004-10-15 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Hi ALL,
I want to find if any database port is available for ecos.
Thanks

--
Saurabh Agarwal
9868358071

* Re: Which database is available for ecos
@ 2004-10-15 14:34 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-10-15 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saurabh Agarwal; +Cc: ecos-devel

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:55:07PM +0530, Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> Hi ALL,
> I want to find if any database port is available for ecos.

Database for a deeply embedded real time operating system?

None that i know of.

        Andrew

* Re: Which database is available for ecos
@ 2004-10-15 14:38 ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2004-10-15 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saurabh Agarwal; +Cc: ecos-devel

Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> Hi ALL,
> I want to find if any database port is available for ecos.

No open source free ones, only commercial databases with license/royalty
fees. Contact info@ecoscentric.com for details.

-- Alex

* Re: Which database is available for ecos
@ 2004-10-15 14:41   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-10-15 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Schuilenburg; +Cc: Saurabh Agarwal, ecos-devel

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:37:56PM +0100, Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
> Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> >Hi ALL,
> >I want to find if any database port is available for ecos.
>
> No open source free ones, only commercial databases with license/royalty
> fees. Contact info@ecoscentric.com for details.

Curious. Could you say what sort of application these databases were
used in?

        Andrew

* Re: Which database is available for ecos
@ 2004-10-15 14:47     ` Saurabh Agarwal
From: Saurabh Agarwal @ 2004-10-15 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn, ecos-devel

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:40:40 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:37:56PM +0100, Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
>

> > Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> > >Hi ALL,
> > >I want to find if any database port is available for ecos.
> >
> > No open source free ones, only commercial databases with license/royalty
> > fees. Contact info@ecoscentric.com for details.
>
> Curious. Could you say what sort of application these databases were
> used in?
>
>        Andrew

actually i am not making any application .I am thinking of making a
sought of database for embedded domain (like sleepy cat berkley db)
that will have consistent interface and may be shared between many
applications

may be a wrong and totally bad ided but just cropped up

--

@ 2004-10-15 14:49   ` Curtis Whitley
From: Curtis Whitley @ 2004-10-15 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Lunn', 'Saurabh Agarwal'; +Cc: ecos-devel

Has anyone looked at SQLLite. I don't know how difficult it would be to
port, but it might be useful.

@ 2004-10-15 14:57     ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2004-10-15 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Saurabh Agarwal, ecos-devel

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:37:56PM +0100, Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
>
>>Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
>>
>>>Hi ALL,
>>>I want to find if any database port is available for ecos.
>>
>>No open source free ones, only commercial databases with license/royalty
>>fees. Contact info@ecoscentric.com for details.
>

> Curious. Could you say what sort of application these databases were
> used in?

The real-time embedded databases are used in a variety of applications
including 3G wireless platforms, chromatographs, cable and broadband
modems as well as in the aerospace industry (NASA and British Aerospace).

-- Alex

* Re: Which database is available for ecos
@ 2004-10-15 15:21       ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2004-10-15 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Saurabh Agarwal, ecos-devel

I hit <CR> too soon :-(

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
[...]
> The real-time embedded databases are used in a variety of applications
> including 3G wireless platforms, chromatographs, cable and broadband
> modems as well as in the aerospace industry (NASA and British Aerospace).

Just to add, this is the *type* of application the real-time embedded
database is used in - which one/s run eCos I could not possibly say.

-- Alex

* RE: Which database is available for ecos
@ 2004-10-15 15:27         ` Curtis Whitley
From: Curtis Whitley @ 2004-10-15 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Alex Schuilenburg', 'Andrew Lunn'
  Cc: 'Saurabh Agarwal', ecos-devel

I am interested in seeing a real-time DB for eCos as well, so if anyone
decides to create one, please keep us posted.