public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* flash_v2 status
@ 2006-03-07 21:44 Doyle, Patrick
From: Doyle, Patrick @ 2006-03-07 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-devel@sources.redhat.com'

Greetings fellow travellers,

Could somebody tell me what the current status of flash_v2 is?  Did I miss
an announcement that it had been merged into the main tree? (entirely
possible) I found a message from Jani asking the same thing last June.  Any
thoughts?

--wpd

Patrick Doyle
Manager, Digital Systems Group
DTC Communications, Inc.
Phone: (603) 546-2179
Fax: (603) 880-6965
Email: wpd@dtccom.com

This communication is from DTC Communications, Inc. and is intended to be
confidential and solely for the use of the persons or entities addressed
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that the information
contained herein may be protected from unauthorized use by privilege or law,
and any copying, distribution, disclosure, or other use of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender by return e-mail or telephone the above number
immediately and delete or destroy all copies.  Thank you for your
cooperation.

* Re: flash_v2 status
@ 2006-03-08  8:46 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-03-08  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyle, Patrick; +Cc: 'ecos-devel@sources.redhat.com'

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 04:52:04PM -0500, Doyle, Patrick wrote:
> Greetings fellow travellers,
>
> Could somebody tell me what the current status of flash_v2 is?  Did I miss
> an announcement that it had been merged into the main tree? (entirely
> possible) I found a message from Jani asking the same thing last June.  Any
> thoughts?

Such a merge is potentially disruptive. So it was planned to happen at
the next major release of eCos. This will happen then all the FSF
issues are resolved......

        Andrew