public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* IMPORTANT: sourceware.org hardware migration, MARCH 18..22
@ 2013-03-12 15:36 Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2013-03-12 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Hi -

Please be aware that **next week**, we will attempt to switch over the
hardware that serves sourceware.org and its aliases (gcc.gnu.org,
ecos.sourceware.org, cygwin.com, etc.) to newer & faster hardware
donated by Red Hat.

The plan is to take down network services next Monday around 14:00Z,
and gradually bring things back up on the new machine, one service at
a time, as quickly as possible.  Since this change involves switching
to a much younger OS and is complicated by many sourceware-specific
services, the overall outage may last up to several days.  We will
prioritize getting source code version control systems up first.

This announcement is being sent to those main mailing lists that have
been recently active; please feel free to share it.  You are welcome
to listen in on irc.freenode.net #overseers during the transition
period.  We appreciate your patience and hope that the new machines
will serve us all well.

- FChE

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-03-12 15:36 UTC | newest]