public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* eCos porting to MPC8555 with WiMax board
@ 2008-01-29  8:44 madhulingeswara reddy vennapusa
From: madhulingeswara reddy vennapusa @ 2008-01-29  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

hai all,
          I am tring to port ecos to MPC 8555 processor with WiMax
board. I found major areas that needs to be change and those are
serial,ethernet drivers, inturrupt handling, memory management. now my
quetions are

Does porting eCos to a new processor depend on both processor and board?
Is there any other areas that need to be change?
I am thinking to use MPC 8260 as base line is it correct or not?
plz some one clear my doubts at the earliest.

* Re: eCos porting to MPC8555 with WiMax board
@ 2008-01-29  8:59 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2008-01-29  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: madhulingeswara reddy vennapusa; +Cc: ecos-devel

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 02:14:08PM +0530, madhulingeswara reddy vennapusa wrote:
> hai all,
>           I am tring to port ecos to MPC 8555 processor with WiMax
> board. I found major areas that needs to be change and those are
> serial,ethernet drivers, inturrupt handling, memory management. now my
> quetions are
>
> Does porting eCos to a new processor depend on both processor and board?

Yes.

You should separate out the processor from the board. You should have
packages which can be used for any MPC 8555 and packages which can be
used just for your MPC 8555 on your board. Doing it like this allows
the generic MPC 8555 packages to be used with another board which has
an MPC8555.

    Andrew

* Re: eCos porting to MPC8555 with WiMax board
@ 2008-01-29 12:22 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2008-01-29 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: madhulingeswara reddy vennapusa; +Cc: ecos-devel

madhulingeswara reddy vennapusa wrote:
> hai all,
>           I am tring to port ecos to MPC 8555 processor with WiMax
> board. I found major areas that needs to be change and those are
> serial,ethernet drivers, inturrupt handling, memory management. now my
> quetions are
>
> Does porting eCos to a new processor depend on both processor and board?
> Is there any other areas that need to be change?
> I am thinking to use MPC 8260 as base line is it correct or not?
> plz some one clear my doubts at the earliest.

Have you read the porting guide in the documentation?