public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
From: Simon Kallweit <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>
To: Chris Holgate <chris@zynaptic.com>
Cc: ecos-devel@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: STM32 - I/O pullup and EXTI issues, plus new SPI driver.
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Chris Holgate wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I came across a couple of HAL issues while putting together my new SPI
> driver for the STM32.  I appreciate that the maintainers are overloaded
> with eCos 3.0 work at the moment, so I'll defer to them as to whether
> any of this needs fixing now and can provide more information/patches on
> request.
>
> 1) It's not possible to set pullups on I/Os using the provided
> functions.  This is a trivial one-line fix to stm32-misc.c.

If you don't have the time to wrap this up in a little patch, send the
changes to me so I can do it.

> 2) External interrupts don't work as they stand.  This requires a few
> changes to the STM32 var_intr.h.  If required I can tidy up my changes
> there and provide a patch which I've tested using a single I/O
> (EXTINT0), but which would probably benefit from a bit more testing
> using other I/O configurations.

I can review your changes if you want, I have done some work with EXTIs
on my own obsolete port.

> 3) I've now got full register maps for the AFIO, DMA and SPI blocks.
> For development purposes I've kept these in a separate file from the
> STM32 var_io.h, but can provide the file for merging if required.

Make a patch for the register definitions, I think this can go in the
tree without the driver, register definitions are always welcome :)

> FYI, I now have a DMA-based SPI driver that is fully functional in
> kernel mode, but will need one or two changes (and some testing!) to
> make it play nicely in non-kernel mode.  Probably best to leave that
> until the 3.0 release is done, though.

I can do a review and prepare patches if that helps. Otherwise, I wait
until it's done.

Simon