public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
From: Tomas Frydrych <tf+lists.ecos@r-finger.com>
To: ecos-devel@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: dot matrix display infrastructure
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Ilija,

On 14/01/2012 15:19, Ilija Kocho wrote:
> Maybe you could first check the Framebuffer. It may be overkill for
> small displays but it might be possible to extract functionality that
> you need.

I had looked at the fb, and I thought it was an overkill in this case.
The manipulation of the individual pixels on the LCD is quite trivial,
and for the size of the display does not require an abstraction. The
only thing that merits additional API is text output, which is not
provided for by the fb anyway.

Tomas