public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* eCos port/update for MIPS malta & sead3 platforms
@ 2012-12-03 12:50 Chiou, Charles
From: Chiou, Charles @ 2012-12-03 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Hello,

I would like to submit patches to update the support for MIPS platforms on the
boards Malta and SEAD3. Specifically, the patches will:

        - Update outdated drivers for proper hardware support on modern malta
        - Support the SEAD3 board
        - Retain compatibility with QEMU's malta emulator
        - Support the newest mips-sde-elf-gcc toolchain (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2012.03-64)
        - Support running eCos in MicroMIPS
        - Verified to boot from Yamon and u-boot

Since we only focused on booting from Yamon and u-boot, we only tested
RAM configurations. However, if RedBoot support is required, we can work with
the maintainer to get a clean patch in, too.

Please let me know how I can proceed with sending the patch upstream.

Thank you!

--
Best,
Charles Chiou