public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* OpenRISC port
@ 2013-01-23  9:36 Piotr Skrzypek
From: Piotr Skrzypek @ 2013-01-23  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Dear eCos Maintainers,

Together with my colleages from Ant Micro, we have updated the
OpenRISC port. We discovered that the OpenRISC HAL was not working
anymore, probably due to ABI change. We have also added few device
drivers. All changes to the code were introduced against the code in
eCos repository. This makes me believe there is no problem with
licensing.

The code still has some identified bugs that should be fixed. Once we
get it done, we would like to contribute the code to the eCos
repostory if possible.

There is one more problem and we seek your advice. Current OpenRISC
architecture is called OpenRISC1000 (aka or1k). There is an update
foreseen. The new architecture will be called OpenRISC2000 (aka or2k)
and it will not be backwards compatible. How should we structure the
HAL directory to take into account the update in the future?

Here is the note about the update:
http://antmicro.com/OpenSource/OpenRISC-eCos

We have a small wiki page that describes the port here:
http://opencores.org/or1k/ECos

The code is hosted on OpenCores SVN, here:
http://opencores.org/ocsvn/openrisc/openrisc/trunk/rtos/ecos-3.0

Thanks in advance,
Piotr Skrzypek