Hi, so here comes a patch with all these changes, including a cdl-entry. In fis_init() I didn't find the correct place where to erase the additional flash block, there I'd need help. Main change: #define EFIS_MAGIC_LENGTH 10 #define EFIS_MAGIC ".FisValid" //exactly 10 bytes #define EFIS_VALID (0xa5a5) #define EFIS_IN_PROGRESS (0xfdfd) #define EFIS_EMPTY (0xffff) struct fis_valid_info { unsigned char magic_name[EFIS_MAGIC_LENGTH]; unsigned short valid_flag; unsigned long version_count; }; So it fits again completely in the 16 bytes for the name. Please comment :-) Bye Alex