public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* repositority question
@ 2005-06-27 13:07 Manfred Gruber
From: Manfred Gruber @ 2005-06-27 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Hi !

I used v2_0 version of ecos.
Because I want AM29XXXXX_V2 driver i checked out the flash_v2 tree. And now
work on on this tree.

How are new things handled? My question is when there became new features to
trunk of ecos are the also then in the flash_v2 tree?

Or do I have to update to the trunk tree and then patch this on my own to
flash_v2 tree ?

thanks regards manfred

* Re: repositority question
@ 2005-06-27 13:10 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-06-27 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Gruber; +Cc: ecos-devel

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 03:06:34PM +0200, Manfred Gruber wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I used v2_0 version of ecos.
> Because I want AM29XXXXX_V2 driver i checked out the flash_v2 tree. And now
> work on on this tree.
>
> How are new things handled? My question is when there became new features to
> trunk of ecos are the also then in the flash_v2 tree?
>
> Or do I have to update to the trunk tree and then patch this on my own to
> flash_v2 tree ?

We don't keep the branch up to date with the trunk. When eCos 3.0
comes along we will merge the branch into the trunk, but until then
you need to do this yourself.

        Andrew

* Re: repositority question
@ 2005-06-27 13:20   ` Manfred Gruber
From: Manfred Gruber @ 2005-06-27 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Am Montag, 27. Juni 2005 15:10 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 03:06:34PM +0200, Manfred Gruber wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > I used v2_0 version of ecos.
> > Because I want AM29XXXXX_V2 driver i checked out the flash_v2 tree. And
> > now work on on this tree.
> >
> > How are new things handled? My question is when there became new features
> > to trunk of ecos are the also then in the flash_v2 tree?
> >
> > Or do I have to update to the trunk tree and then patch this on my own to
> > flash_v2 tree ?
>
> We don't keep the branch up to date with the trunk. When eCos 3.0
> comes along we will merge the branch into the trunk, but until then
> you need to do this yourself.
>
>         Andrew

hi !

ok thanks for the fast answer, then its clearer how to work on.

is there already a time information when ecos 3.0 will be released ?

thanks regards manfred

* Re: repositority question
@ 2005-06-28  9:35   ` Jani Monoses
From: Jani Monoses @ 2005-06-28  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 03:06:34PM +0200, Manfred Gruber wrote:
>
>>Hi !
>>
>>I used v2_0 version of ecos.
>>Because I want AM29XXXXX_V2 driver i checked out the flash_v2 tree. And now
>>work on on this tree.
>>
>>How are new things handled? My question is when there became new features to
>>trunk of ecos are the also then in the flash_v2 tree?
>>
>>Or do I have to update to the trunk tree and then patch this on my own to
>>flash_v2 tree ?
>

> We don't keep the branch up to date with the trunk. When eCos 3.0
> comes along we will merge the branch into the trunk, but until then
> you need to do this yourself.

I started using the V2 code so I merged (hopefully without too many SNAFUs) the io/flash
and devs/flash code from that branch and latest CVS. Not redboot yet since I do not need
that right now and it has lots of conflicts anyway.It saw much more development than io
and dev since V2 was created.

It is a darcs branch of the previously announced CVS HEAD tracking repository

darcs get http://sourcecontrol.net/~jmonoses/darcs/ecos_flashv2/

should hopefully do it.Then if you are on that branch you can ocasionally
$darcs pull -v
to update or
$darcs pull -v http://sourcecontrol.net/~jmonoses/darcs/ecos_cvs
to get changes from the CVS HEAD equivalent branch

Jani