public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
From: Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com>
To: kalyani <Kalyani.Korubilli@Honeywell.com>
Cc: ecos-devel@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Application Exception Handling
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:44:00 -0000	[thread overview]

kalyani <Kalyani.Korubilli@Honeywell.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I am working on ECOS operating system. In this i want to implement the
> exception handlers to my application. i have gone through some documents
> provided in the site but i am unable to find the procedure to implement the
> exception handlers. Can you tell me where can i get the information
> regarding this, any recent documents are there? or can anyone suggest me
> some idea to implement the Application Exception handling.

If you want to handle hardware exceptions then you can either plug
your own routines into the VSR table or enable the kernel exception
delivery mechanism. Documentation for the former can be found here:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-interrupt-handling.html

Documentation for the latter can be found here:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/kernel-exceptions.html

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts